How to Design a Gallery Wall to Match Your Home Decor Style
Your home is a reflection of you and your personal taste. Are you a creative type who loves colour, vintage or eclectic patterns and textures and unique furniture? Or do you have a more sleek, sophisticated, minimalist taste? Is your home hipster and fun, or mature and classy? A gallery wall can not only be tailored to match your individual taste but can also complement a room in so many ways. A gallery wall is the ultimate stamp on personal style and can add intrigue and vibrancy to a blank space.
We have highlighted just a few styles and suggestions for the type of gallery wall would complement them:
Gallery Wall of Neutral Tones Art Picture Prints Mix & Match
If you like a clean, contemporary look with order, cohesion and no clutter you definitely want to avoid a “higgledy piggledy” type of gallery wall. We are talking about the ones with many different colors and sizes of frames with random artwork that doesn’t match. We would suggest the following types of gallery walls for you:
- A gallery wall grid made up of 4 framed art prints but making up just one image. This look is an alternative to a large, oversized piece of artwork but to have a gallery wall instead of one piece of art has certain advantages, see the blog post: Oversized Art or Gallery Wall Grids?
- Gallery Wall Grid with sleek black or white square frames and very similar matched artwork designs or even the same image in different colors. This creates a very cohesive, symmetrical and eye pleasing look which ties in with your minimalist style.
If you love contemporary minimalist art then you will just love Ross's Contemporary Penthouse collection!
Cool Mid Century Sun Beams Art Print Pictures
In a vintage bohemian type of home then you don’t need to worry so much about being too “higgledy-piggledy” . So if you want to arrange a gallery wall with different size, colors and vintage frames, along with an array of bohemian and unusual artwork then this is the perfect chance to express your creativity. However, some vintage style homes can overdo it and although it might appeal to your personal taste, sometimes these types of styles can lose their overall appeal and it can be difficult for the eye to settle when there is too much going on in a room. Here are some ways to combat this:
- Choose a lighter color frame such as birch or maybe even a color (you could paint the frames one color perhaps or decorate with the Japanese Washi tape.
- Arrange the gallery wall in a symmetrical grid design the same size frames.
- Express yourself with different styles of art prints from various collections.
If you love vintage bohemian style art then checkout Phoebe's Eclectic Bohemian Funhouse Collection!
Bold Summer Block Color Gallery Wall Artworks
A cool, city apartment with exposed brick or concrete walls, and your own unique retro and urban furniture with funky colors. Your gallery wall can combine the eclectic style with the contemporary coolness. We recommend:
- A Grid Gallery Wall style with light wood or dark wood frames depending on the wall color. It’s best to choose the frame color to contrast the wall, yet also complement the type of artwork.
- A retro cohesive gallery wall art display such as this gallery wall set
- Choose from this search of retro, hipster and vintage gallery wall art prints.
If you love Retro Hipster artwork then you will find lots to suit your taste in Chandler's Industrial Brooklyn Loft Collection!
Grown Up Chic
Pink Moroccan and Fun Typography Art Prints Gallery Wall Set
You love whites, creams and beiges with earth tones and a striking dark bursts of color with beautiful rugs and soft furnishings. All of the rooms are cohesive yet cozy, combining the luxury of a hotel with the fluffiness of home. We suggest:
- Identical frames in black, white, light or dark brown depending on the color of the wall and the tones of the room.
- Art prints from this search of minimalist, beige or neutral gallery wall sets.
If you love the grown up chic style then you will absolutely love the Monica's Sophisticated New Hampshire House collection!
Abstract and Impressionist Art Gallery Wall Art Prints
Warming earth tones, rustic furniture and original wood floors is your effortless style so you definitely don’t want to overdo it with a gallery wall that looks too “try hard”. For your style we suggest the following:
- Wooden rustic wood frames or thin dark wood frames arranged in a simple row or gallery wall grid of 2, 3 or 4.
- Warm colors, earth tones, and classic french or country paintings.
If you love rustic tones then you will find plenty of warm artwork to suit your taste from the Rachel's Cool Californian Beach House collection!
Keith Haring Abstract Pop Art Paintings
Your home is so on trend with metal piping, old solid wood and concrete walls. An industrial look doesn’t need too much going on so we recommend keeping it simple:
- A gallery wall grid with sleek black frames
- Cool minimalist or eclectic boho art prints of your favorite style from the gallery wall sets collection.
If you love industrial style decor then you will find so much art to love in the Chandler's Industrial Brooklyn Loft collection!
Check out 100's of cool gallery wall art print sets with Gallery Wallrus! We have an amazing choice of styles, all with great prices and free global delivery!
If you like our ideas and would like to collaborate with Gallery Wallrus then please get in touch! We are always on the lookout for new Artists, Bloggers, Affiliate partners and creative ideas! Contact Us
Share this post
Leave a comment